- 1 of 1,265 Pace Cars produced
- Documented with original photos at Indy
- Pace Car replica - Black power top
- Push button Merc-O-Matic transmission
- Single four barrel carburetor
- Power steering, brakes, windows and seats
- Tinted glass
- Factory tachometer
- Cruiser fender skirts
- Continental kit
- Whitewall tires
- Dual exhaust
- Frame-off restoration
- Numbers matching car
Mercury produced 1,256 1957 Turnpike Cruiser convertibles replicating that year's Indy 500 Pace Car, which at $4,103 were the highest-priced model in the '57 Mercury lineup. Identical to the original owned for decades by winner Sam Hanks, the example offered here was rotisserie restored in the early 1990’s and remains in immaculate condition. Long, and low, it is finished in its original Sun Glitter and Black Pace Car livery and graphics, and includes a power top, tinted glass, factory tach and clock, fender skirts and Continental kit.
This is one of the most collectible Mercury cars in the history of the brand.